Strength Sports • View topic - Best diet for newbies?

Best diet for newbies?

Diet discussion, what diet do you think helps you reach your goals

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Best diet for newbies?

What is the best diet for newbies? I am pretty fit right now, but am just starting my journey. Should I include lots of proteins in my diet and cut back on carbs? My main goal right now is building up my self. I am skinny, and do not feel that I need to loose weight, but want to have a diet that helps me gain some nice definition in my arms, stomach and calves.

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:39 am

Re: Best diet for newbies?

Non-processed and lean sources are preferred for the higher satiety. These are lean meats (chicken, beef, trimmed meats), and nuts. Chose these after you chose your protein foods, as those will most likely have some fats.

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:42 pm

One food you may wish to become friends with is egg whites. You can make some really delicious meals with these. Scramble them up with some other lean proteins, like your chicken! Or you can add some yummy veggies to add some awesome flavor.

My personal all time favorite food though is steak. Be sure to add this to your diet as the proteins are amazing.

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Protein shake made with half of a banana, one scoop of protein powder, almond milk, and hemp seeds (excellent protein source)
Salad with roasted chickpeas (1/2 cup), light olive oil and vinegar

Post Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:12 am

Meal 1: Contains starchy carbs. ...
Meal 1: Granola and scrambled eggs. ...
Meal 2: Double chocolate cherry smoothie. ...
Meal 3: Bibb lettuce burger. ...
Meal 4: Post-workout nutrition. ...

Post Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:40 pm

I prefer to drink warm water than a cold water, my teacher said that it's better to drink warm water everyday because warm water helps to digest food faster because it's warm and your metabolism became faster.

I've seen lot of videos about this and if you want to try this it will help you so much because I use this method for almost 3 months and it really works :)

Post Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:38 am

Start by cutting down your intake of carbohydrates. Incorporate protein-rich food and low-calorie fluids in most of your meals. Take small frequent meals. Grasping a bowl of fruits and fresh vegetables also helps a lot. Above all make water your best friend.

Return to Diet