Strength Sports • View topic - Injuries

Injuries

Vladislav Lukanin has agreed to take questions from Strength Sports Forums members about his Olympic Weightlifting career. Get the questions in!

Post Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Injuries

How do you overcome injuries? do you use heat or ice etc.? I love olympic lifting but going to maximum a lot I always seem to injure myself

Post Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: Injuries

injuries often persecute athletes. immediately after the injury you need to apply cold, and after 24 hours you can already apply heat, but do not heat under hot water, because the inflammation may increase. When injury is necessary to use dry heat, various ointments and different physio procedures.

Post Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Cold or ice is good for injuries the doctors recommend it, I experienced knee injury also because I'm not following my gym instructor it's been three month's and it's still hurts, becarefull guys when you are on a gym :)

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:23 pm

uyj143 wrote:Cold or ice is good for injuries the doctors recommend it, I experienced knee injury also because I'm not following my gym instructor it's been three month's and it's still hurts, becarefull guys when you are on a gym :)

yeah, like Vlad says ice is good soon after the injury and heat is your best friend for help with recovery

Return to Q & A with Vladislav Lukanin Russian European Olympic Weightlifting Champion